Condition Monitoring / Machine Monitoring
The areas of application for continuous machine monitoring, or condition monitoring, are extremely diverse. They can be found wherever critical machines and plants have to perform their service reliably and the acquisition of sensory data contributes to the safety and efficiency of the plant. Examples of such plant types are:
- Turbomachinery in industrial power generation
- Pumps and drive units of machines
- Large fans and blowers in manufacturing
- Rolling mills in steel production and processing
- Rolling mills in paper / corrugated board production
- Conveyor and conveyor belts
MESSOTRON offers a range of sensors and signal converters / evaluation boards designed for use in continuous machine monitoring in harsh industrial environments. These include a wide range of LVDT/LVIT sensors and probes for distance and position measurement, strain gauge elastomer sensors for flexible distance determination of moving components, a large portfolio of eddy current sensors for high-precision and dynamic distance, layer thickness or speed measurement, as well as the electrodynamic or piezoresistive vibration sensors for determining the vibration velocity and acceleration of vibrating components.
In addition, MESSOTRON offers a comprehensive installation and power plant service on site for the assembly, testing, maintenance and commissioning of sensor and measurement technology in industrial plants.
Measuring tasks of the machine monitoring
- Absolute housing strain
- Shaft elongation / relative elongation
- Axial position / axial shaft position
- Relative shaft / bearing vibration
- Absolute bearing vibration / housing vibration
- Speed monitoring
- Pressure and temperature monitoring
- Monitoring of wind turbines
- Monitoring of building structures
- Valve position / valve displacement transducer
- Pond/tank pressures and levels
- Web tension adjustment
Do you need more information?
For more information about additional sensor applications for power generation, please contact us.