Messotron GmbH & Co KG
Tel.: +49 6257 999-730
On 25 May 2018, the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the correspondingly revised Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG-neu) will come into force. We provide information here about the new legal situation and the obligations and rights arising from it. You can download both legal texts from the website of the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection (www.bfdi.bund.de).
Contact on the subject of data protection
This e-mail address is only accessible to our data protection officer or his/her deputy.
Use of personal data
1. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"), e.g. name, address, telephone number, email address, your IP address , (online) usage behaviour.
2. Messotron supplies exclusively to commercial customers, institutions and authorities (so-called "B2B area") and processes and stores personal data from this area only for the corresponding business purposes. In this context, "business partner" means any natural person (data subject) with whom Messotron has a business relationship or with whom an economic relationship is being established.
3. Personal data is thus processed only to the extent necessary to protect our legitimate interests in the course of business, including but not limited,
- to provide requested information,
- for the submission of offers
- for the processing of orders and purchase orders, including payment transactions
- for administrative purposes (e.g. accounting)
- for securing IT operation and IT security (e.g. visiting the website, more on this below)
- on the use of service providers, in particular external IT service providers, tax advisors, legal advisors, etc.
4. Your data will be stored until we have answered your request comprehensively to your satisfaction, the process has been completed and there are no statutory retention obligations to the contrary.
5. When you visit our website, we, or our hosting provider, collect data on every access to the server on which our website is operated on the basis of our legitimate interests within the meaning of the DS-GVO. The access data (so-called "web server log files") includes
- the accessed domain,
- Your IP address,
- and technical information (such as requests, user agent, timestamp, status code).
This access data (log file information) is stored for security reasons (e.g. to clarify acts of abuse or fraud) for a maximum of 3 days and then deleted. Data whose further storage is required for evidentiary purposes is exempt from deletion until the respective incident has been finally clarified.
6. When you visit our website, information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. Cookies are small text files that are sent to your browser by a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. No personal data of the user is stored, only a pseudonym created especially for you. This information is used, for example, to,
- to recognise you automatically the next time you visit our website and to make navigation easier for you, or
- to mark this status with extended usage options after login (this status is deleted again after "Logout").
7. We offer users of our website access to extended functions within the scope of a registration function after a login with user-specific login data provided by us. The data entered as part of the registration process is used for the purposes of using the service. The data collected can be seen from the input mask within the scope of registration; this includes the name, company, full address, email address and telephone number. We would like to point out that the use of this additional function technically requires a cookie to be placed. Without accepting such a cookie, the use of the extended functions after login is not possible.
8. We have found that we get no real benefit from the data provided by any user tracking tool (whatever it may be). Therefore, we have decided to completely refrain from tracking our website visitors (for the time being).
Security of transmission and processing
1. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures in accordance with the law, taking into account the state of the art and weighing up the effort and risk for an appropriate level of protection to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, manipulation and unauthorised access. The security measures are continuously checked and adapted in accordance with technological developments.
2. Our website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as your data in the contact form or in the registration form. You can recognise this by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
3. We would like to point out that data transmission via email can have security gaps. Complete protection of the data against access by third parties is not possible without elaborate additional measures (e.g. encryption).
Recipients of your personal data
1. Within the company, only authorised, responsible Messotron employees have access to your personal data. Our employees are obliged to maintain confidentiality and to comply with the legal provisions on data protection.
2. We commission third parties with the provision of certain services (e.g. IT service providers, tax advisors, legal advisors). These may have access to personal data or receive such data from us for a specific purpose. These third parties are obliged to handle this data confidentially and securely by special agreements with us or by virtue of statutory provisions ("professional secrecy holders").
3. In addition, to the extent permitted by law, we may or must transfer your personal data to authorities (e.g. social security institutions, tax authorities or law enforcement agencies) and courts in Germany and abroad in order to fulfil legal obligations or in the interests of the company.
4. No data is transferred to third countries (i.e. outside the EU or EEA).
5. Of course, we do not sell your data to third parties for advertising purposes.
Data subjects' rights
According to the latest legislation, they have the right:
- to free information about your stored personal data, its origin and recipients, its processing purpose and proof of the legal basis for processing,
- to correct and complete your data,
- revocation of consent to use or blocking and deletion of your data, insofar as this does not conflict with a legal obligation to retain data; in these cases, we may no longer be able to provide services and may no longer be able to carry out our business activities vis-à-vis you,
- hand over your data in a common format (e.g. PDF) or have it transferred to a third party, the latter only insofar as technically feasible for us with reasonable effort.
You can send your request informally to our data protection officer.
When doing so, please be sure to state:
- the scope of your request (e.g. information, deletion, transfer),
- Your full name,
- the full name and registered office of the company/institution,
- Your corresponding (commercial) email address
If you are of the opinion that we are in breach of data protection regulations, you have the right to complain about us to a data protection supervisory authority, which in our case would be the Data Protection Commissioner of the State of Hesse (www.datenschutz.hessen.de).